- Economic growth– Produce more and better goods and services,or,more simply,develop a higher standard of living.
- Full employment– Provide suitable jobs for all citizens who are willing and are able to work.
- Economic efficiency-Achievement of maximum fulfillment of wants using the available productive resources.
- Price-level stability– Avoid large upswings and downswings in price level; that is ,avoid inflation and deflation.
- Economic freedom– Guarantee that businesses,workers, and consumers have a high degree of freedom of choice in their economic activities.
- Equitable distribution of income– Ensure that no group of citizens faces poverty while most others enjoy abundance.
- Economic security– Provide for these who are chronically ill,disabled,laid off,aged,or otherwise unable to earn minimal levels of income.
- Balance of trade– Seek a reasonable overall balance with the rest of the world in international trade and financial transactions.
Fiscal policy-involves changing government spending and taxes.
Monetary policy-involves changing supply of money.
Education and training policy-enhancing workers abilities.